The 13th annual Free-for-All day at Southern California museums will be Sunday, January 28.
Nineteen institutions in the area will waive their admission fees on that day, offering access to their artistic, cultural, natural, and scientific holdings at no charge.
An additional 18 museums where admission is always free are also listed as participants—though in their cases, we guess the event is more of a museum appreciation day.
The places going free on January 28 are listed below.
- In Downey: Columbia Memorial Space Center
- In La Cañada Flintridge: Descanso Gardens
- In Los Angeles: Autry Museum of the American West, Craft and Folk Art Museum, Grammy Museum, Japanese American National Museum, La Brea Tar Pits and Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Museum of Contemporary Art, Museum of Tolerance, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Petersen Automotive Museum (pictured above), Skirball Cultural Center, Zimmer Children's Museum
- In Pasadena: Kidspace Children’s Museum, Pasadena Museum of California Art
- In Newport Beach: Orange County Museum of Art
- In Riverside: Riverside Art Museum
- In Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara Museum of Art
Visitors will still have to pay for some temporary exhibits and special programs. Check with the museums or go to the SoCal Museums website for more info.